Effective January 1, 2023
- on the Worksome Site, and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Worksome.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- information collected offline,
- any website not operated by Worksome, or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Depending on the region in which you are located, the following Worksome companies are responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with our services. In connection with the processing of your personal data, the data controller is:
Region You Are Located in: European Union
Worksome Entity: Worksome ApS
Address: Toldbodgade 35, 1253 Copenhagen, Denmark
Region You Are Located in: United Kingdom
Worksome Entity: Worksome Limited
Address: 16 St. John’s Lane, London EC1N 4BS, England
Region You Are Located in: United States
Worksome Entity: Worksome USA, Inc.
Address: 199 Water Street, New York, NY 10038-3526, United States of America
Region You Are Located in: Australia
Worksome Entity: Worksome Australia Pty Ltd
Address: 58 Gipps Street, Colingwood 3066, Australia
For all other countries, and all legal notices
Worksome Entity: Worksome ApS
Address: Toldbodgade 35, 1253 Copenhagen, Denmark
Children under the age of 18
Our Site is not intended for users under 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your location. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your privacy rights and choices
Subject to restrictions, as a data subject you have rights and choices when it comes to how we use your personal information. This may include a right to access, rectify, erase, and restrict the processing and data portability of your personal information. You may be entitled to withdraw your consent and object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Understanding your rights
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information we’ve collected about you;
- correct your data;
- object to your data; and
- ask us to delete the personal information we have collected about you.
If you or an authorized agent want to make a request related to your personal information, email us at DPO@worksome.com or submit a request to Customer Support via the chat function within the Platform. If you make a request related to your personal information, we will first verify your identity before we can process your request. If we can’t verify your identity, we are unable to complete your request.
We will not deny you services, charge you different prices, or provide you with an extra level of service solely to exercise your privacy rights.
Deleting your personal information
You have the right to:
- delete some information you previously added to the Site by logging in to your account and adjusting your settings and account details;
- request we delete specific information; and
- close your account.
If you close your account or request that we delete personal information, we may need to keep some personal information so that we can complete transactions, deliver services, or comply with our legal obligations. Depending on where you live and your account type, you may have different rights and choices for managing your personal information.
Should you wish to close your account and delete personally identifiable information, you can follow the instructions here: How do I delete my Worksome account?
Choosing how we communicate with you
You may be able to choose how we communicate with you, and this may differ depending on the purpose of the message and how it is delivered. Some messages are necessary while others are optional. We use email, text messages, push notifications on your mobile device, and even phone or paper mail depending on the situation and your preferences.
You can click the unsubscribe link in a marketing email to opt out. You can also change your account’s notification settings or the notification preferences on your device.
You won’t be able to opt-out of messages that are considered necessary for you to manage your account, such as emails that alert you to changes to your account. You may be able to decide how we send those messages, such as by email, phone, text message, or notifications.
If you access our Site or use our services without creating or logging into an account, we may still collect personal information including device information, configuration, and location. We may use this information to provide and improve our services, process transactions, prevent and report fraud, and comply with the law.
We may collect several types of personal information from and about visitors and users of our Site, including information when you register for or use our services, create an account, or make a transaction. Here are the kinds of personal information that we may collect:
Information that identifies you includes your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- IP address
- Device information
- Information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies
Financial information and records:
- Social Security Number
- Government-issued identification
- Bank account details
- Credit and debit card information
- Financial information
- Tax information
- Transaction information when using Worksome services
- Date of birth
- National origin
- Military status
Internet or network activity:
- Your interactions with our Site or services
- Transaction history
- IP-based geolocation
Video, audio, visual, biometric, or similar information:
- Call or meeting recordings when you interact with sales or customer service
- Voice identification
- Profile pictures you provide
- Photo IDs or other identification you provide to establish an account or authenticate your identity, which we delete after authentication
Professional, criminal history, employment history, and information:
- Business information, contact details
- Work history
- Educational information
- Criminal records or history (only upon your consent)
We may utilize information we have about you for various purposes, such as fraud or risk detection, assessment, or personalization preferences. This may include information that is about you but does not specifically identify you. We use this information to track and understand the behavior of our Users. This helps us improve the online experience and engagement on our Site. We may associate information from these sources with you and your account to improve the user experience, compliance, and analytic purposes.
We collect personal information about you from other various sources such as:
- You when you use a Worksome service
- Third party merchants
- Payment partners, credit card networks and processors
- Financial institutions
- Credit bureaus
- Service providers that help us manage risk and fraud, help us deliver services to you, and market our services
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information
- to enable our services
- to operate our business
- to effectively run our Site
- to conduct research and to improve our services
- to improve the overall user experience and our services
- to better understand our users
- to personalize and tailor our services to individual interests when using our Site
- to contact you about your Worksome account and services
- to enhance security
- to customize our Site to support local languages and personalized content
- to protect our users from fraud and risks
- to support Customer Service and Sales teams to interact with you and provide exceptional support
- to comply with regulations, legal and contractual obligations
- to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing communications
- to detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activity
We monitor, analyze, and test our ability to securely collect and process personal information.
Purposes and Legal Basis for Data Processing
We process your personal data pursuant to the applicable legal basis. The basis for processing your data varies depending on your location, including:
- Providing the functionality of Worksome and fulfilling your requests
- Providing you with marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- Analysis of personal data for business reporting and providing personalized services
- Accomplishing our business purposes
- Aggregating and/or anonymizing personal data
- To allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law
How We Protect Your Information
We work hard to protect your personal information against loss, abuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure. To protect your information we use various physical, technical, and organizational measures including firewalls, encryption, physical access security, and compliance programs. While we take our responsibility to protect your personal information very seriously, it is also your responsibility to ensure you keep your account information secure, private, and up to date. We strongly encourage you to use complex passwords, change them often, and use best practices to protect your account.
In the event of a data breach or incident, Worksome will promptly notify you and take all measures necessary to mitigate harm and protect your personal information.
How We Share Personal Information About You
We do not sell your personal information. We may share personal information across our services and with other members of the Worksome corporate group. Sometimes we share the personal information we collect with third parties to help us provide services, protect our customers from risk and fraud, market our products, and comply with legal obligations.
We may share your personal information with:
- Worksome’s companies
- Our service providers that help us process payments, for marketing, research, compliance, audits, corporate governance, communications, and security services
- Card networks and payment processors
- Financial institutions
- Credit reporting and collections agencies
- Courts, governments, regulators, and law enforcement when accompanied by a subpoena or other legal documentation that requires us to respond
- People and companies involved in a transaction, such as other Site users
- Third parties that you connect with, such as financial providers or social media apps. If you connect with third-party apps or websites, it is your responsibility to manage or disconnect your account from that third party
- Third-party tools used to help fight spam and abuse, such as captcha and verification tools
- Other third parties to:
- ~Comply with laws
- ~Facilitate a merger, purchase, or sale of part or our business
- ~Comply with card association rules
- ~To prevent physical harm or illegal activity
- ~If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
When interacting on the Site, you may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Other Important Information
Additional regional policies and disclosure for residents of certain U.S. states or countries may apply.
If you are a resident of Colorado, you have a right to: (a) confirm whether we process your personal information, (b) access and delete certain personal information, (c) correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose, (d) opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, (e) opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales, and (f) data portability. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at DPO@worksome.com.
If you are a resident of Connecticut, you have a right to: (a) confirm whether we process your personal information, (b) access and delete certain personal information, (c) correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose, (d) opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, (e) opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales, and( f) data portability. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at DPO@worksome.com.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. If you wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights, please email us at DPO@worksome.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
If you are a resident of Utah, you have a right to: (a) confirm whether we process your personal information, (b) access and delete certain personal information, (c) opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales, and (d) data portability. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at DPO@worksome.com.
If your Worksome account has a Vermont mailing address, we will not share personal information we collect about you with non-affiliates unless the law allows, or you provide authorization.
If you are a resident of Virginia, you have a right to: (a) confirm whether we process your personal information, (b) access and delete certain personal information, (c) correct inaccuracies in your personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose, (d) opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects, (e) opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales, and (f) data portability. If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at DPO@worksome.com.